Our Company Operates Through Development, Construction Management, & Property Management
A natural leader in community-centered storage solutions.
Community-minded storage solutions.
SAFStor, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). The company operates through three vertically-integrated segments: SAFStor Development, SAFStor Construction Management, and SAFStor Property Management.
The company will own, asset-manage, develop and redevelop single, and multi-story self-storage properties located in proximity to retail destinations or along major arteries in markets that meet SAFStor’s socioeconomic, demographic, and competitive criteria, which the company vets using its proprietary software.
SAFStor. Stay with us.Learn More
Target Project Size
- Single or multi-story construction
- Between $7 million and $10 million with the understanding that the final cost of an individual property may exceed that amount
- Primarily climate-controlled storage units, but may contain a small percentage of non-climate controlled units
- Primarily non-drive-up units
- Institutional-quality construction, such as masonry construction (block or tilt-up), higher-quality fascia (e.g., brick, stucco, etc.) ample glazing, decorative awnings, etc.
- Average property size between 70,000 gross square feet and 90,000 gross square feet with a target of 70% efficiency to 85% efficiency
- A mix of units ranging from 25 square feet up to 300 square feet, which may contain outdoor space for parking large vehicles
- SAFStor’s principals bring over 50 years of in-depth real-estate experience, including having developed over $2 billion of mixed-use real estate since 2012